Outside Sales Lead
Are you looking for a company that is committed to improving human health, and a role that will develop and challenge you to think innovatively? Join Halloran’s Sales team as an Outside Sales Lead today!
In this role, you will secure new leads in your assigned geographic region to support all of Halloran’s consulting practices and meet your team sales target. You will be responsible for assessing and identifying new business opportunities in the market and increasing business adoption and market penetration with the goal of converting inbound leads to qualified leads. You will work to build a strong network of partners and affiliates through the use of proactive mining, networking, referrals, events, and inbound web leads to build a diverse pipeline of new potential revenue-generating opportunities. You will provide consultation on marketing campaigns, thought leadership, and public relations to build Halloran’s brand and elicit buying behaviors from target audiences. Working within a dynamic sales environment, you will partner with Inside Sales, Account Champions, Marketing, and Consulting Leadership to ensure there is a smooth handoff after lead identification, advise on best practices as it relates to maintaining active and dormant client relationships, and support the end-to-end sales cycle.
- Serve as a sales lead for assessing, generating, and identifying new opportunities in the market that provide profitable revenue for Halloran.
- In partnership with Inside Sales and Marketing, proactively and consistently search for new business opportunities.
- Provide training, mentorship, and support to Inside Sales to ensure effective lead generation through inbound web inquiries and pre- and post-event follow-up and outreach.
- Develop a list of target clients and work to research, contact, and conduct introductory meetings to uncover potential opportunities.
- In partnership with the Head of Sales, contribute to the lead generation sales strategy.
- Provide employees education, tools, and ongoing mentorship to leverage employee networks for lead and opportunity identification.
- Tailor communication in pitches to clients with relation to audience level, size, and company maturity, with support from the Marketing function as required.
- Prepare for initial new client calls/meetings by intelligence gathering and conducting background research on the client’s business and key contacts.
- Identify industry trends and shifts that could provide new leads/opportunities and communicate this with the end-to-end sales team.
- Build and maintain relationships with dormant and existing strategic accounts through proactive farming in partnership with designated Account Champions.
- In partnership with Sales Operations, ensure project scope sheets (costs) and Statement of Work (SOWs) are completed, reviewed, and delivered to the new clients (or clients with sales in a lead BD position).
- Monitor results of outreach and engagement efforts in order to adapt style and methods, taking into consideration trends in the Life Sciences industry and Sales as a whole to be on par, if not ahead of emerging trends to seize upon opportunities.
- Represent Halloran at industry conferences and Halloran-organized events, such as our Speaker Series, Town Halls, etc., including conducting outreach and follow-up to attendees in the pursuit of additional revenue generation.
- Manage sales activities and new client opportunities within our Salesforce CRM database.
- Provide consultation on marketing campaigns, thought leadership and public relations to build Halloran’s brand and elicit buying behaviors from target audiences.
- Ensure there is a smooth handoff after lead identification and advise on best practices as it relates to maintaining active and dormant client relationships to support the end-to-end sales cycle.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five to eight years of sales and/or client relationship experience; additional related experience may substitute for the required education.
- A minimum of three years experience in the life sciences industry, including biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, contract research organization (CRO), or any area of the healthcare industry.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Experience working in industry-based service organization(s).
The targeted base compensation range for this position is between $100,000.00 and $140,000.00. This position is eligible for discretionary bonuses pursuant to Halloran’s sales incentive plan. Please note: this compensation range is Halloran’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this particular position at the time of posting; however, Halloran may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Halloran Benefits and Perks:
The benefits of being a Halloran employee go beyond the unparalleled opportunities of your day-to-day work! We offer a comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan, Life Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan for all full-time employees. As of January 2020, Halloran is proud to say we’re partially Employee Owned. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) allows employees who meet plan entry requirements to own a piece of the company without having to invest their own money to purchase stock. In addition to this, Halloran offers a Flexible PTO Policy, Gradifi College Save Up/Pay Down programs, and opportunities for continued learning through conference and continuing education programs.
Halloran does not sponsor visas for employees.
All remote employees are expected to have a consistent home internet connection with speeds of at least 25Mbps while working remotely.
Halloran Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local nondiscrimination laws).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
No agencies please; please note that no agency can claim ownership over a candidate without a written agreement in place with Halloran signed by an authorized representative of Halloran.