Manager, Consulting Operations
Are you looking for a company that is committed to improving human health, and a role that will develop and challenge you to think innovatively and push beyond the status quo? Join Halloran’s Consulting Operations team as a Manager, Consulting Operations today!
As a Manager, Consulting Operations, you will help grow, develop and build out a team of junior consultants, while also supporting internal employee development initiatives, consulting projects, and client engagements.
- Provide line management of entry-to mid-level consultants across all service areas with a focus on quality, delivery, and productivity, which will result in high client satisfaction and strong company performance
- Perform managerial duties including:
- Creating individual development plans with each direct report
- Actively providing guidance and mentorship to your team on consulting skills, technical skills, project roles, and project deliverables as needed
- Identifying opportunities for each direct report’s growth and development, ensuring that their individual development is aligned and in place to meet client, organizational, and consulting gaps and needs
- Providing coaching on resolution of gaps and growth areas and identify project specific mentoring opportunities with senior staff that align with development opportunities for direct reports
- Support resourcing activities including:
- Ensuring each direct report maintains their target yearly utilization rate
- Monitoring your team’s utilization to help identify opportunities for optimization
- Collaborating with consulting team members and management to identify resourcing solutions and project and/or individual needs in order to ensure successful and high-quality client projects
- Work with extended management team and Human Resources to ensure appropriate training, growth opportunities, and resources are in place for the Consulting Operations team and are aligned with both individual and business objectives
- Participate in Talent Acquisition activities to build and maintain a pipeline of top talent for current and future needs through exploratory calls, interviewing, and providing input to Job Descriptions for all levels of Consulting Operations resources
- Responsible for a 25% annual utilization target; in addition to primary managerial and resourcing duties, responsible for providing subject matter support in area of expertise to clients in order to achieve annual target
- Bachelor’s Degree in life science (or related field) with a minimum of 10 years of experience in biotech, pharma, medical device, and/or other life science development organizations.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project or Smartsheet
- A strong consultative, client service, and relationship building skillset
- Experience in project management, change management, process improvement, workflow mapping/storyboarding, change design function, or any combination thereof
- Expertise in GCP
- Early-stage clinical trial experience
- Experience with scientific, medical, or technical writing
The targeted gross compensation range for this position is between $135,000.00 and $170,000.00 annually. Please note: this compensation range is Halloran’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this particular position at the time of posting; however, Halloran may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Halloran Benefits and Perks:
The benefits of being a Halloran employee go beyond the unparalleled opportunities of your day to day work! We offer an annual, discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance, comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan for all full-time employees. We offer reimbursements for Health & Wellness Programs and Memberships, opportunities for continued learning through conference and continuing education programs. We also offer a Self-Managed PTO Policy, Commuter FSA Benefits, and many other benefits.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on any protected class including, but not limited to, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, gender identity and expression, citizenship status, handicap, military membership or any other legally-protected characteristic.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
No agencies please; please note that no agency can claim ownership over a candidate without a written agreement in place with Halloran signed by an authorized representative of Halloran.