Human Resources Generalist – Boston
Are you looking for a company that is committed to improving human health, and a role that will develop and challenge you to think innovatively? Join Halloran’s Human Resources team as a Human Resources Generalist today!
In this role, you will own Human Resources (HR) activities for Halloran staff within a designated group including benefits administration and interpretation, policy and process development and implementation, performance management, HR compliance, training and development, and employee relations. Your role will allow you to partner across a number of functions to support the overall business operations of Halloran.
- Own Human Resources activities for a designated group, ensuring smooth, robust operations, and the proper tracking and maintenance of records and personnel files
Onboarding and Offboarding
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition and other HR teammates, ensure a high-touch, personalized experience for all new hires within your designated group within Halloran, including crafting onboarding plans, logistics, optimal timing and communications, and contributing to executing transactional pieces of onboarding including system entry and conducting new hire orientations
- Execute a well-organized and personalized offboarding process, including partnering with HR teammates to compile and reconcile employee feedback and recommend process improvements based on trends
Performance Management & Employee Relations
- Ensure high-touch, individualized development conversations and coaching with line managers and employees of designated group, working closely with HR teammates for synergy across multiple performance review cycles and processes
- Support learning and development initiatives on the various mentoring, coaching, and learning programs and policies to provide development opportunities to employees
Compensation and Benefits
- Participate in benefits administration, including open enrollment logistics, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, benefits systems audits and communicating relevant information to employees
Policy and Compliance
- Assist with employee relations issues, interpreting Halloran policies, escalating to senior HR team members when needed
- Develop a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local legislation for your group to ensure compliance, including benefits laws and regulations, medical leave, and sexual harassment training, continuing to grow in these as Halloran expands its domestic and global footprint, liaising with external partners as needed
- Liaise with external vendors to onboard new states and locations as we expand our global footprint
- Track required Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training certifications within a designated group
- Leverage your Human Resources expertise to advise on revising or developing Human Resources policies and procedures, as well as recommending changes to the Halloran handbook
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of four years of human resources or other related experience in a similar role; additional related experience may substitute for required education
- Proficient in the use of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for report generation, database maintenance and document storage
- Working knowledge of the Human Resources space, including applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, as well as emerging trends and practices in the Human Resources space
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Experience in a life science company, including biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device, Contract Research Organization (CRO), or any area of the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with ClearCompany and/or Paylocity Software Platforms
The targeted gross compensation range for this position is between $80,000.00 and $100,000.00 annually. Please note: this compensation range is Halloran’s good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this particular position at the time of posting; however, Halloran may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range.
Halloran Benefits and Perks:
The benefits of being a Halloran employee go beyond the unparalleled opportunities of your day to day work! We offer an annual, discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance, comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, and a 401(k) Plan for all full-time employees. We offer reimbursements for Health & Wellness Programs and Memberships, opportunities for continued learning through conference and continuing education programs. We also offer a Self-Managed PTO Policy, Commuter FSA Benefits, and many other benefits.
Halloran Consulting Group, Inc. COVID-19 Considerations:
Successful applicants for employment must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of entering Halloran’s offices, attending Halloran sponsored events (at Halloran offices or otherwise), and traveling to client sites, subject to requests for accommodation. Individuals will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after a second shot of a two-shot vaccine regimen (i.e., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single shot of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
This is not a fully remote position. Applicants must be local to the Greater Boston, MA area.
Halloran does not sponsor visas for employees.
All remote employees are expected to have a consistent home internet connection with speeds of at least 25Mbps while working remotely.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on any protected class including, but not limited to, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, gender identity and expression, citizenship status, handicap, military membership or any other legally-protected characteristic.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
No agencies please; please note that no agency can claim ownership over a candidate without a written agreement in place with Halloran signed by an authorized representative of Halloran.