HALLORAN CONSULTING GROUP, INC. TRAVEL & EXPENSE POLICY June 2019
HALLORAN CONSULTING GROUP, INC. TRAVEL & EXPENSE POLICY
All costs outlined below will be billed to Client (defined in the Statement of Work) as a pass through cost with no additional mark-up and Client shall reimburse Halloran Consulting Group, Inc. (“Halloran”) accordingly. This policy does not limit the reimbursable expenses to those outlined below. Other expenses incurred by Halloran in the act of performing business related activities are also reimbursable to Halloran. Halloran will endeavor to keep these expenses limited to reasonable and customary items and amounts.
Client will reimburse Halloran for the following expenses:
- Accommodations and Lodging
Accommodations will meet industry accepted business travel standards with reference to comfort, convenience and cost. Accommodations over $350.00 per night base rate (prior to applicable taxes) require Client approval. Exceptions apply to locations known to have increased rates.
- General Travel
Travel time will be billed in accordance with the hourly travel time rates set forth in the applicable Statement of Work.
- Transportation: Ground
Mileage according to established U.S. Internal Revenue Service reimbursement guidelines and all auto tolls assuming a Consultant uses his/her personal car for Client business travel
- All rental vehicles used for Client related travel
- Consultants are permitted to obtain rental vehicles up to the Full Size Car Class for up to two Consultants and up to the Standard SUV Class for up to four Consultants
- Two rental vehicles are permitted in cases where there are more than four Consultants traveling
- Larger vehicles are permitted in cases where transportation of materials requires the use of a larger vehicle
- In the event that vehicles of the specified class are unavailable, the next tier up of vehicle is permitted (i.e.: Standard to Full Size Car and Standard SUV to Large SUV)
- Taxis, ferries, shuttles and other forms of temporary transportation.
- Transportation: Air
- Use of “Non-refundable” fares is recommended to Consultants
- Coach class (plus) on all domestic flights
- Plus provides Halloran the ability to upgrade seat location within the coach cabin exclusively
- Business class on international flights exceeding six (6) hours. If Consultant chooses to fly coach thereby saving Client money, then Client will cover all reasonable expenses (meals and hotel) for one day prior to engagement activities or an additional travel day following engagement activities and prior to return travel.
- All flight change fees in the event that a Consultant is required to change flights due to business related circumstances
- Excess baggage expenses under any of the following circumstances:
- Consultant is transporting Client materials
- Consultant is transporting any materials required to perform services for Client
- Consultant is on an extended period of travel (>5 days)
- Transportation: Rail
- Subway and rail transportation
- Rail travel will be purchased at reasonable and customary rates
- Coach class (plus) on all domestic rail travel
- Plus provides Halloran the ability to utilize internet access, power plugs, and other business related amenities within the coach cabin exclusively. In the event that total travel time exceeds 3 hours, Consultants may travel business, high speed or first class.
- All train change fees in the event that any Consultant is required to change trains due to business related circumstances.
- Actual and reasonable laundry expenses
- Applicable only after Consultant has been away from home for five (5) consecutive days, or if the trip has been unexpectedly extended
- Business meeting expenses
- Halloran will endeavor to utilize all internal resources prior to incurring expenses related to meetings. Expenses include, but are not limited to, media, printing, electronic rentals, room rentals, photocopying, postage, internet service fees, baggage handling, and shipping.